Home > Operations Manager > SCOM CU5 patch and my experience

SCOM CU5 patch and my experience

Patched our lab this afternoon.  All seemed well until I ran the SQL scripts on the OpsDB and DW.  When I went back to my RMS to open the console and import the new MP’s, I got an error saying the SDK service had not initialized and could not connect.

I saw a lot of 2115 warnings and 26319 errors.  I reached out to my buddy Almquist  and he recommended bouncing the SQL service.  He said this was an issue that was supposed to be fixed in CU4.  Apparently we ran into it during our upgrade from CU3 to CU5.

So if you have this issue, then you know the easy fix, bounce SQL and you will be good to go.  Other than that I had no issues in my lab.  I hope this continues in our pre-prod environment and then production.

Happy SCOMing!

Advertisements
Categories: Operations Manager
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: