Patched our lab this afternoon. All seemed well until I ran the SQL scripts on the OpsDB and DW. When I went back to my RMS to open the console and import the new MP’s, I got an error saying the SDK service had not initialized and could not connect.
I saw a lot of 2115 warnings and 26319 errors. I reached out to my buddy Almquist and he recommended bouncing the SQL service. He said this was an issue that was supposed to be fixed in CU4. Apparently we ran into it during our upgrade from CU3 to CU5.
So if you have this issue, then you know the easy fix, bounce SQL and you will be good to go. Other than that I had no issues in my lab. I hope this continues in our pre-prod environment and then production.
Get it here.
Cumulative Update 5 for Operations Manager 2007 R2 resolves the following issues:
- Restart of non-Operations Manager services when the agent is updated.
- Updated ACS reports.
- TCP Port Probe incorrectly reports negative ping latency.
- MissingEvent Manual Reset Monitor does not work as expected.
- Drillthrough fails because of rsParameterTypeMismatch in the EnterpriseManagementChartControl.
- ACS – Event log message is truncated or corrupted in SCDW.
- UI hang caused by SDK locking.
- ACS Filter fails for certain wildcard queries.
- Edit Schedule button is disabled with SQL 2008 R2.
- Web console times out when you open the left navigation tree.
- Scheduled Reports view for Windows Server 2003 and for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services SP3 CU9 returns “System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.”
- Signed MPs cannot be imported when new attributes are added to existing classes.
Cross Platform Cumulative Update 5 for Operations Manager 2007 R2 resolves the following issues:
- Performance data for LVM managed partitions is not available.
- Process monitor does not keep name if run by using symbolic link.
- AIX with large number of processes crashes with bad alloc.
Cross Platform Cumulative Update 5 for Operations Manager 2007 R2 adds the following feature:
- Support for Red Hat 6