The SCOM team has released the R2 Admin ResKit. Go get it here!
The System Center Operation Manager 2007 Administration Resource Kit provides the following features to aid in management group administration:
- Scheduled Maintenance Mode – Ability to schedule and manage maintenance mode in the management group.
- Clean Mom – Helps remove all installed R2 components.
- MP Event Analyzer – MP Event Analyzer tool is designed to help a user with functional and exploratory testing and debugging of event based management pack workflows like rules and monitors.
Schedule Maintenance Mode is designed to use the Operations Manager platform. Due to this we are able to centrally manage Maintenance Mode instead of using a schedule task solution. Also, all information is stored in the Operations Manager database therefore no information is lost during a disaster if the database has been backed up.
You will find a detailed guide on how to setup and use this tool in the download package.
The tool provides the following features:
- Ability to schedule any type of object to be placed into maintenance mode in the form of a Job
- Group support including nested groups
- Automatically places Health Service Watcher in maintenance with computer
- Blocks RMS from being placed in maintenance
- Support for Run Once, daily, weekly, and monthly schedules (including complex scenarios like “second Tuesday of the month”)
- Ability to cancel a maintenance Job where everything will be removed from maintenance automatically
- History Report